This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

1. MisterWives

MisterWives has an infectious sound that I highly recommend listening to on your way to class on a Friday morning (tried and tested).

Songs I recommend: “Reflections,” “Our Own House”

2. The Colourist

Hailing from California, the Colourist’s debut album, The Colourist, is comprised of fun, upbeat songs and indie ballads.  

Songs I recommend: “Fix This,” “Little Games”

3. Magic Man

Magic Man has toured with bands such as Walk the Moon, Panic! At the Disco, and New Politics (so you know they’re great).

Songs I recommend: “Paris,” “Texas”

4. The Wombats

Going to one of their shows feels like you’re in a grungy venue in London – in the best way possible.

Songs I recommend: “1996,” “Give Me A Try,” “Let’s Dance to Joy Division”

5. Arctic Monkeys

Arctic Monkeys has been around for quite some time now, but recently has exploded in the alternative world. Their newest album, AM, is more rock, but makes you want to head bang in the most graceful way.

Songs I recommend: “Knee Socks,” “R U Mine?”

6. Pacific Air

This is the kind of band you listen to in the summer while you’re driving around late at night (or any other season).

Songs I recommend: “Float,” “Move”

7. Matt and Kim

Maybe I’m biased, but they are absolutely amazing. This duo has an electronic sound that makes you want to shimmy in your seat. Fun Fact: They met each other at the Pratt Institute and have been dating every since.

Songs I recommend: “Good For Great,” “Get It,” “Can You Blame Me,” “Block after Block”

Videos: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Picture: 1

Chloe Trepanier

U Mass Amherst

Chloe is a Her Campus National Social Media Intern and a senior Communication major at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She is the Social Media Director for Facebook for the UMass chapter and is the Chairperson of the UMass Theatre Guild. Her hobbies include watching 30 Rock and eating ice cream. You can follow her on Twitter and on Instagram. 
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst