sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Times Neil Patrick Harris and Family Won Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Neil Patrick Harris is best known for his role as Barney Stinson in the popular television series “How I Met Your Mother,” for which he was nominated multiple Emmy Awards, among various other accolades. His greatest (and perhaps most adorable) achievements, however, are the epic family Halloween costumes he creates every year with husband David Burtka and their twins, Gideon and Harper. Since 2011, Neil and his family have undoubtedly won Halloween with their incredible costumes, and they seem to get better and better each year. In case you missed it, here are the six consecutive times that this family proved that they own Halloween.

2011— Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Tinkerbell, and Mr. Smee

2012— Tin Man, Scarecrow, Dorothy, and the Cowardly Lion

2013— Alice, The White Rabbit, Tweedledee and Tweedledum

2013 (part two)—Frankenstein, The Wolf man, Bride of Frankenstein, and Dracula

2014—The Riddler, The Joker, Batman, and Batgirl

2015—Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Princess Leia, and Luke Skywalker

With Halloween right around the corner, we can’t wait to see what this family has in store for this year!

Images: 12345, 67

Julia Gordy

U Mass Amherst '19

Julia is a senior at the Isenberg School of Management at University of Massachusetts, Amherst. She is pursuing a major in marketing with a strong focus on advertising. Some of her favorite things include photography, filmmaking, and long yoga sessions followed by even longer naps. Find her on Twitter and Instagram @juliagordy!
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst