jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Questions to Ask When You Think You’ve Found a Potential Significant Other

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Are you looking for a healthy relationship with someone, but are uncertain what to look for? We all say we want someone who is attractive, nice, funny, etc, but these qualities are all subjective, and change depending on the individual. Considering this fact, if you want to find out if a person you just met, or have been talking to, is someone you could be in a relationship with, then ask yourself these questions:

1. Are you a talker or a listener?

If you answered talker, then the person you want is a listener.

If you answered listener, then the person you want is a talker.

Communication is the most important aspect of a healthy relationship. Knowing whether the person tends to talk or listen more will allow insight as to how you will communicate. It is important to note that everyone both talks and listens, but each individual tends to favor one.

2. Do you like their sense of humor?

3. Do you agree with, or support, their political beliefs

Whether you like it or not, this is a fundamental, underlying piece of a relationship. 

4. Do you agree with, or support, their religious beliefs?

Much like politics, if you should be able to see each other’s side when it comes to the big stuff, in particular. 

5.  Would you be able to go on their ideal vacation and participate in the activities they want to do?

6.  Do they make you feel good about yourself?

Perhaps the most important question.

A healthy relationship consists of two partners who can spend time together and enjoy each other’s company. Often couples work well when they share many similarities, but have enough differences to keep their relationship interesting and foster growth in order to expand their different perspectives.

Photos: 1234567

Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst