halloween hookup horror stories?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween hookup horror stories?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
MIRAMAX
Style > Fashion

6 Costumes I Was Impressed by This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.
halloween redhead costume ideas?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Paramount Pictures

Halloween can either be an inconvenience or the most exciting holiday of the year, and for me, it switches every year. Personally, I need to absolutely love my outfit in order for me to have a good night, especially on Halloween. Budgeting for this can be tough though, and in college, you are expected to have 3-4 outfits, which can add up quickly. Some years I am heavily prepared and pick out my costumes months in advance, whereas other years, I’ll scrap together outfits at the last minute. Here are a couple of costumes I saw either on social media or in person that I added to my save list for next year.

beanie baby

I saw this costume on TikTok and thought it was the best thing ever. If you don’t know, Beanie Babies are adorable small, stuffed animals that have the cutest bulgy eyes. These stuffed animals are also known for their tag, which is a heart that says “Ty.” This person on TikTok dressed up as a bear and then wore a paper heart resembling the tag of the stuffed animal. Unique and adorable, if you ask me!

Little Bo-Peep and her sheep

I saw this costume everywhere this year, but absolutely loved it every time. I saw some make it a duo costume with Little Bo-Peep and the other being a sheep, or making it an individual costume whilst carrying a stuffed animal sheep. I think this is perfect if you’re looking for a duo costume, or something that is cute and simple.

catwoman

I saw this costume and thought it was so unique. This costume consisted, of a short red bob wig and a leather outfit, similar to one of Zoë Kravitz’ looks in the Batman movie with Robert Patterson. I thought this look had bad b**ch energy, and props to you if you can pull off a bob wig.

bladerunner 2049

This was probably my favorite costume that I saw. This may remind you of the viral TikTok sound, “You look lonely, I can fix that.” This duo costume consisted of one person wearing all pink/painting their body pink and a blue bob wig cosplaying Joi, and the other wearing broken clothes and a bruised face, cosplaying Officer K.

la la land

La La Land is one of my all-time favorite movies, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this costume. Another duo costume, with one person wearing a yellow dress cosplaying Mia, and the other wearing a suit cosplaying Sebastian. I thought this costume was so unique and if you love La La Land, this is the perfect costume for you.

amy dunne and nicholas dunne from gone girl

This costume was SO creative, and I am dying to do this in the future. One person dressed up in a pink dress covered in fake blood and the other in a plain outfit with a printed “Missing” sign of Amy Dunne. Definitely one of my favorites I saw on TikTok.

Halloween can sometimes feel very overwhelming and stressful to plan ahead of time. Finding costumes that you’re excited about can make this holiday more exciting and less tense. Hopefully you can use some of these costumes as inspo for the following years!

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets 

Olivia Boyd

U Mass Amherst '26

Olivia is a sophomore at UMass Amherst studying communications and minoring in political science. Some of her passions include traveling, being active, trying new food, and watching sunsets. Growing up in Amsterdam, Olivia has traveled all across Europe and hopes to live there one day.