UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst
Original photo by Anumeha Rajvanshi
Life > Experiences

5 Things on My “Senior Year at UMass Amherst” Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Senior year of college started around two weeks ago, I decided that it was time for me to start thinking about all the things I want to do before I graduate. Everyone tells me that senior year of college is the best of the four years, but it also goes by the quickest. It’s such a special time and it is my last chance to do everything I’ve been meaning to do before graduation. There are so many things that I can do to make my last year the best one yet; here are the top five things on my “Senior Year at UMass Amherst” bucket list:

Find places to study on campus other than W.E.B Du Bois Library
Durfee Conservatory
Original photo by Anumeha Rajvanshi

I love studying at our library because it’s peaceful and the view is immaculate. However, this year I want to go out of my way to spend time studying on benches outside, at a cute little café downtown, at Durfee Conservatory, or on the roof of the John W. Olver Design Building. These are some of my friend’s favorite places to study, and I can’t wait to try them all!

Take a class at one of the other colleges in the five college consortium
UMass Amherst
Original photo by Anumeha Rajvanshi

Some of you might already be familiar with this, but the University of Massachusetts Amherst is part of the Five College Consortium, along with Smith, Mount Holyoke, Amherst, and Hampshire colleges. I think it would be so much fun to take a class at one of the other colleges to get to experience a broader array of courses, academic resources, and libraries. It would also give me an excuse to roam around the campuses and meet new people!

Catch the sunrise at Mount Sugarloaf
Mount Sugarloaf
Original photo by Anumeha Rajvanshi

I’ve been to Mount Sugarloaf once, but it was during the spring. I am excited to go back this fall once the leaves start changing color to see the breathtaking view again. I also really want to push myself out of my comfort zone by going to watch the sunrise instead of the sunset, since I am not a morning person. I already know that it will be worth it, but I’ll let you know how it goes.

Go to a sporting event for every sport
UMass Amherst
Original photo by Anumeha Rajvanshi

I LOVE going to UMass hockey games and I can’t wait to go again this season. The tension and energy in the crowd are unmatched. This year, I really want to make an effort to go to other sporting events like softball, lacrosse, basketball, soccer, etc. so that I can experience them, as well.

Eat at every dining spot on campus and local restaurants around campus
Pancakes with berries
Original photo by Anumeha Rajvanshi

UMass Amherst is #1 dining for a reason! I want to go to all of the cafes and food joints around campus before I graduate. Off the top of my head, I know I still have to go to Sweets & More, Newman Café, and Whitmore Café, but I’m sure there are many more I have yet to explore. I love to try new cuisines and also want to go to all the food spots in downtown Amherst before I graduate. I am already a huge fan of Tandem Bagel, Pasta E Basta, and, of course, Antonio’s Pizza. I can’t wait to try all the other Amherst favorites that I’ve missed like Crazy Noodles, Ginger Exchange, etc.

These are only five of the many things on my senior year bucket list. I know I won’t be able to study at every cute coffee shop or attend all the events at UMass, but that will only give me more reasons to come back and visit. I’m excited to make the most of my last year and do as much as I can during my senior year!

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Anumeha Rajvanshi

U Mass Amherst '23

Anumeha is a senior studying Biochemistry & Molecular Biology and Neuroscience. In her free time, you'll find her fueling her shopping addiction, jamming to Blackbear and Bazzi, bullet journaling, or discovering new restaurants. She is also a research assistant at Richardson's Lab, President of Nu Rho Psi National Honor Society in Neuroscience, and General E-board Member of the Biochemistry Club.