This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Fall weather is coming our way… It was 40 degrees out this morning in Western Mass, oye! The temperature is going down, but the fashion is at full force. I can’t wait to start wearing my oversized knits and leather boots. With these 5 fall must-haves you will get the chance to be super stylish without spending a fortune!

1) Chunky Sweater: Big, oversized sweaters will always have a place in my closet! You can look super-cute and comfortable at the same time.

2) Skater Skirt: This skirt is the “it” skirt right now. You can dress it up or down and look trendy at all hours.

3) Plaid: I am MAD for PLAID right now! Plaid is my favorite trend this fall. You can try it under a jacket, over a pant, or paired with a simple bag.

4) Leather: Leather is a classic piece for the Fall. A nice leather jacket will keep you warm and as chic as Victoria Beckham.

5) Tall Boot: The tall leather boot is the perfect finishing touch to your new Fall outfit. For the day time, stick to an over-the-knee flat boot. For night, go wild with a larger heel. These might be the most costly item on the menu this season, but they are definitely worth the splurge!

Happy shopping, collegiettes™!

Dani Strum

U Mass Amherst

I am a senior at UMass Amherst studying English. I love everything fashion and fitness related.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst