5 Binge-Worthy Thriller Webtoons You Need to Read ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

(TW: These Webtoons contain themes of suicide, sexual harassment and assault, violence and murder, and scary graphics).

You’re missing out on a lot if you haven’t gotten hooked to Line WEBTOON yet! Here are five spookily thrilling Webtoons that are sure to send chills down your spine.

1. It’s Mine by LuckS

It’s Mine centers around a high school boy that has an unhealthy obsession with his crush, to the point of stalking her as a means of “protecting” her.

This Webtoon has a thick plot. It starts off simple, a story about a boy creepily stalking a girl and what she does about it. However, we gradually find out that there is so much more to both the characters and how their lives are interconnected in unimaginable ways.

2. Escape Room by 10PARK

Escape Room is a survival game thriller. Our protagonist wakes up in a building with no knowledge of how he got there. One thing he’s sure of is that he is going to do whatever it takes to escape.

This Webtoon is a plethora of mind-boggling death traps and equally mind-boggling characters. As the story progresses, we come to find that the protagonist may be a little too calm and rational compared to the average person. Eventually, it becomes clear that both the main leads are much stranger than they seem.

3. Sweet Home by Carnby Kim/Youngchan Hwang

Sweet Home is a Webtoon about a normal-turned-dystopian society. The main protagonist moves into a new apartment after his family tragically dies in a car accident and finds himself fighting off horrifying monsters that invade his building.

Sweet Home has no low points. It just gets more exciting and thrilling as the plot progresses and thickens. Despite the heavy focus on the plot and horror, the story makes ample room for character depth and development! Be prepared to encounter tons of monsters that WILL give you nightmares!

4. Everything is Fine by Mike Birchall

Everything is Fine centers around a couple living in a modern dystopian world where all the citizens are grouped into residents of neighborhoods. Everyone is required to wear teddy bear heads all the time.

What makes this Webtoon so creepy is its ambiguity. We don’t know the true story behind their society and we are unaware of who the characters really are, yet we find ourselves rooting for some and wishing the worst of luck upon others.

5. Bastard by Carnby Kim/Youngchan Hwang

Jin Seon has by no means been blessed by Lady Luck. He has no friends, gets bullied at school, and to top it all off, his dad is a serial killer.

This psychological thriller is sure to keep you up at night, be it out of curiosity as to what happens next or out of fear for our protagonist and his friends. The surprising aspect of this Webtoon is that despite the depressing themes and eerie art style, it has many heartwarming elements like friendship and puppy love. This comic is one that will stay with you.

That’s it for our list! Be sure to check out this Webtoon spookfest! Which one terrifies you most?

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets!

Pooja Panuganti

U Mass Amherst '24

Pooja is a sophomore business major and YA romance books are her guilty pleasure!