This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

As college students, we are more than familiar with managing money through our phones. After all, it’s 2018; who carries cash on them anymore? But whether or not you’re already in a committed relationship with Venmo, or rely on good old-fashioned cash, you should seriously consider checking out Cash App. Rated #1 in finance in the App Store, Cash App provides all the necessary features of a typical payment app, while offering unique benefits that make it stand out from the pack. Paying back friends has never been more rewarding—here’s how to make the most out of Cash App:

.                                                          Image courtesy of the author. 

1. Earn $5 For Referring Friends!

After you download Cash App and enter your information, you will be asked to invite your friends to download the app as well. Click on the link that says, “Invite Friends, Get $5,” and share it with friends. The best part? Once your friends download the app, you’ll receive $5 for referring them, and your friends will receive $5 for using your referral code. Even if you invite just five friends, you’ll have $25 in your new account! (Your next slice of Antonio’s is on us—you’re welcome.)

2. Receive Your Own Cash Card

Another cool feature of Cash App is that it offers a free visa debit card called Cash Card for in-person purchases. Cash Card is accepted anywhere that Visa cards are accepted, and comes with a safety feature which allows you to pause your card with a touch of your finger. You can even receive discounts called Boosts at restaurants and coffee shops when you pay with your Cash Card (see more on Boosts below.) Cash Card also comes with another benefit: Unlike many credit cards, there are no fees when you use it, and you don’t need a credit check to receive one. The card itself is customizable, and very aesthetically pleasing. For instructions on how to order your Cash Card, click here

3. Get a Boost!

When you use your Cash Card, you can save up to 10 percent at your favorite restaurants—or $1 at coffee shops—all over the country! Chick-fil-A, Wendy’s, Chipotle, Whole Foods, Shake Shack, Domino’s, Dairy Queen, and Panda Express are all included in this awesome deal (and happen to be my favorite places to eat). Since the Cash Card typically takes around two weeks to arrive in the mail, you can also link it to your Apple Pay wallet to access your Boosts, even if your card hasn’t arrived yet! 

4. Access Money From Multiple Accounts 

This feature is one of many which differentiates Cash App from competitors like Venmo. Instead of linking your money to just one card, you can access multiple accounts—even Bitcoin!—through Cash App. Just click on your profile icon in the top left corner and scroll down to funds. Feel free to add another bank account or credit card, because it never hurts to have access a little extra cash money just a few taps away.

From meals and Ubers to concert tickets and housing expenses, Collegiettes are constantly exchanging money back and forth on mobile devices, and being able to do so on a secure and easy-to-use platform is essential. See for yourself why Cash App has earned a top rating in the App Store by downloading it now, and remember: Happy Spending! 

Image sources: 1, 2

Stephanie Wasserman

U Mass Amherst '21

Stephanie is a current sophomore at UMass Amherst majoring in political science and journalism. She likes to spend her free time hanging out with friends, eating at berk for late night, and watching her favorite Netflix shows (but mostly just the Office). You can follow her on Instagram @slwasserman_
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst