4 Cozy Movies to Watch this Fall

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

With the last couple weeks of fall upon us, here is a list of cozy movies you can watch alone, or with friends and family. These recommendations are some of my favorite movies of all time, and are definitely worthy additions to your watchlist!

The Sky is Pink (2019)

The Sky is Pink is a beautiful tearjerker that will surely tug at your heartstrings throughout the movie. Starring Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Farhan Akhtar, the movie revolves around their love story, told by their 15-year-old daughter, Aisha, who tragically passed away at 18 from a terminal illness. This movie deals with reminiscent love, grief, and moving on. Be prepared with with tissues and ice cream because you will experience tremendous joy, sorrow, and closure!

Coraline (2009)

Coraline is an animated movie about an 11-year-old girl who discovers a secret door to an alternate universe. On the surface, this new world seems perfect for Coraline, but she soon discovers dark and dangerous elements in it. This movie focuses on a daughter’s relationship with her parents, told through a horror/thriller lens. Full of twists and turns, self-realization, and stunning animation, Coraline will have you hooked from beginning to end!

Wedding Season (2022)

This one is for all the “fake-dating” trope lovers! Asha (Pallavi Sharda) and Ravi (Suraj Sharma), are being pressured into marriage by their Indian families. So, they come to and agreement to pretend-date each other to keep their family members off their backs. But of course, as with any other well-done fake-dating movie, they find themselves falling for each other in the process! Their developing feelings make for some hilarious exchanges and misunderstandings between their families. This is a perfect comfort watch for movie night with your friends — a familiar storyline, top tier comedy, and loads of swoon-worthy chemistry!

Knives Out (2019)

This list would not be complete without a classic whodunnit mystery movie. Benoit Blanc, a famous detective, finds himself dealing with the murder of Harlan Thrombey, an old and wealthy author. With genius dialogues, perfect comedic timing, and a suspenseful mystery, the movie will entertain you throughout! With a huge star cast, Knives Out is the perfect watch for a weekend at home with family or friends!

These movies make for the perfect cozy evening paired with blankets and yummy snacks! Which one is your pick for the season?

Can’t get enough of HC UMass Amherst? Be sure to follow us on Instagram, listen to us on Spotify, like us on Facebook, and read our latest Tweets

Pooja Panuganti

U Mass Amherst '24

Pooja is a sophomore business major and YA romance books are her guilty pleasure!