3 YouTube Channels I’ve Been Loving This Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Quarantine is the perfect time to channel your boredom into the discovery of new YouTube channels to subscribe to and enjoy. When the world has turned anxious and pessimistic, I’ve found myself hooked on bright and cheery content that will put me in a better mood. The stresses of daily life can melt away when you go down the rabbit hole of YouTube and get lost in its endless supply of videos. From a cooking channel that focuses on desserts to a pet channel that proudly showcases a cute dog protagonist, I present to you the three YouTube channels I’ve been simply adoring this quarantine!

Cooking tree 쿠킹트리

Cooking tree 쿠킹트리 is a Korean cooking channel that focuses primarily on cakes and similar desserts. Don’t worry about not being able to understand the content! The videos don’t have any speaking in them and have English closed-captions which help you follow along with the recipe.

I’m absolutely obsessed with the minimalist yet aesthetically pleasing format each video is recorded in. The recipes are simple to follow along with and there are plenty of fun options featured such as no-bake cakes. My favorite part of the channel is the way that there are Calico Critter dolls hidden in some of the video frames. So cute!

Tucker Budzyn

Who doesn’t love cute dog content? Tucker Budzyn is a bright and peppy golden retriever with an equally bright and peppy owner. There are hours of golden retriever activities uploaded onto their channel ranging from doggy food reviews to pranks to beach vlogs!

The captions sprinkled in the videos mimic the dog’s thoughts and they make the videos so much more fun to watch. I highly recommend a huge dose of this channel if you’re ever feeling gloomy!

Tasty

You’ve probably seen Buzzfeed’s Tasty videos on your Facebook feed before (if not somewhere else), but they never get old! The creative recipes, the fun challenges for chefs, and the celebrity guests keep this channel lighthearted and entertaining.

These videos are a great inspiration for home-cooked meals and desserts to whip up during a time when dining out isn’t possible. Every video features food that looks delicious enough to eat off the screen!

Quarantine may have you feeling bored at home, but these three YouTube channels have certainly helped me put a pep in my step. I love watching cooking and animal videos and they always brighten my mood. I trust that these YouTube channels can keep me entertained and inspired enough to bake, cook, and ‘aww’ my way through this quarantine!

Vera Gold

U Mass Amherst '23

Vera is a senior communication major at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. She is the Facebook Coordinator of her chapter and loves writing about digital media, beauty, and entertainment.