In my many years (okay.. maybe just 21), I have learned a few tid bits of advice that have helped me steer my way through life. Want to know my tricks of the trade? Keep reading. You can just call me the modern day Confucius.
1. Never underestimate the power of a nap or a good laugh.
2. Your parents are actually cool people and are fun to hang out with (who knew?).
3. People do not think about you nearly as much as you think they do. We are always more focused on ourselves than anyone else.
4. Say yes to new experiences, no matter what it is. These things will help you grow.
5. A good work ethic will get you farther in life than almost anything else. Work your ass off at whatever you decide to do.
6. A smile and some good manners go a long way, trust me.
7. Pride yourself on being a good friend; there aren’t enough of those in the world.
8. Do things for other people. Helping people helps you, too.
9. Figure out a handful of things that always make you feel better and do those things often.
10. Have your own opinions but understand that others may have opinions that don’t agree with yours (be okay with this).
11. Whenever possible, jam out to Beyoncé.
12. Constantly comparing yourself to other people undermines your own self worth.
13. Always have chocolate on hand.
14. Try to find a silver lining in everything. Things aren’t always as bad as they seem.
15. Take a risk, dammit.
16. Treat yourself every once in a while… or all the time. You deserve it.
17. Sometimes it is completely necessary to watch movies and drink wine with your girlfriends and put off work until the morning.
18. Never react or make a big decision when you are running on emotions. Sleep on it first.
19. Be wary of other people’s social media accounts; they only show what they want you to see.
20. If you get the chance to travel, do it. This is always something people say they regret not doing.
21. If you are ever feeling down about yourself, just remember you don’t look like you did in middle school.
Hope these pieces of advice help you, ladies!