This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

If you are a part of a sorority in college, you know that getting a little sister is a right of passage and an amazing opportunity for a new big sister, but it also comes with a lot of responsibility. Big-Little week is the most wonderful and stressful time of the year for sorority women. It’s almost as hectic as the holiday season! No matter your letters or your little, every big has the same emotions and thoughts running through their head during the craziest week of the year:

1. Trying to pretend that you had no idea who your little was going to be

2. Getting excited for a friend who got the little she was hoping for

3. Dragging your big through Michael’s so she can help you shop for crafting supplies

4. Coming back from the store knowing you are prepared and ready to start crafting

5. Worrying for a split second that your little might not like you

…But then you realize that you’re you and she will obviously be excited

6. When anyone asks you what you’re doing this week, you say something along the lines of:

7. When you’re only halfway done crafting and your roommate asks you to clean the room

8. When your friend asks why you have 13 Pinterest tabs open on your laptop

9. When someone asks why you have sparkles on your hands… and in your hair… and in your ear?

10. When someone tries to talk to you when you’re crafting, and you’re trying so hard to focus

11. When your non-Greek friend asks why you made so many things for your little

12. When you finally get to see your little at the end of the week, and all of the secrets are over

And now your little has filled her room with all of your crafts, and you get to be her best friend/mom/sister forever.

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Marketing Major at UMass Amherst in the Commonwealth Honors College and Isenberg School of Management
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst