10 Reasons Leonardo DiCaprio Deserves an Oscar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

Happy awards show season, Collegiettes! 2015 has already been a year of surprises, including the multiple awards ceremonies that have taken place this year. Random artists taking all the Grammys, and another year for Leo DiCaprio to go without an Oscar. Our favorite childhood actor has grown up and starred in many nominated films, but has never taken home one of those precious gold trophies. All of his beloved fans are still shocked about our Oscar-less hero. The following are ten, hand-picked reasons why Leonardo DiCaprio deserves an Oscar. 

1. When the wind blew through his luscious locks on the Titanic:

2. When he made a funny face to make us fall even more in love with him:

3. When he totally negated the “swipe left for smoking” commercial:

4. Twice…

5. And a third time…

But smoking is bad, kids…

6. When he looked more beautiful than any human being ever… while crying:

7. When he made us cry, too, solely from his radiating beauty and magical tears:

8. When he made you want to come to his rescue in a crisis solely based on his facial expression:

9. When he actually lost his kids and made a huge mistake but was such a cute and concerned guardian that you still felt bad for him:

10. When he knew that nobody would argue if he was actually our king:

But despite all of these amazing scenes, he still hasn’t won an Oscar: 

It’s okay Leo, we still love you.

Sources: Cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Marketing Major at UMass Amherst in the Commonwealth Honors College and Isenberg School of Management
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst