You Know You Love Me: Gossip Girl Weekly Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Happy Valentine’s Day fellow UMainers, this is HerCampus’s Gossip Guy here to give you this week’s roundup. Just what happened on the Upper East Side this Valentine’s Day? Chuck threw a party, Serena realized her ex-con is a waiter and *insert gasp* Dan and Blair held hands.

With the fate of Bass Industries on the line, Chuck holds a magnificent Valentine’s Eve party with the hope of impressing Russell Thorpe, in order to keep his father’s company intact. And while the party looked superb, so did the drama boiling behind the curtain.

Sneaky Blair convinces Serena to ditch her evening in, only to find Ben at Chuck’s party as well. Only, he’s carrying the h’orderves. Chuck ambushes Lily after he finds out she used to date Russell Thorpe (who hasn’t she dated, seriously though?!), and his whole evening comes crashing down. Raina leaves him after seeing how he treats his family, Lily regrets ever adopting him and Papa Thorpe pulls a fast one on him and informs him Bass Industries will be pulled apart at the seams. Ouch.

Meanwhile, Blair and Dan are watching from the sidelines, where their hands mysteriously find each other. Are the worlds colliding? Blair Waldorf and Dan Humphrey are actually touching? She realizes Chuck had real feelings for Raina and now, a rare occasion, Blair feels bad.

The hour wraps up with Serena and Ben getting all mushy in a bar, Dan and Blair watching a movie simultaneously together from their separate apartments (enough you two..) and the Captain Archibald giving Chuck a key card and password to gain full access to Thorpe’s office.

Until next time, you know you love me.

XOXO,
Jossip Gurl

P.S. Next Week – Blair’s so busy she commits a fashion faux pas – 2 different shoes!

Image from The CW

Macey Hall is a senior at the University of Maine studying Journalism with a minor in Sociology. She loves fashion and traveling, and studied abroad last year in England. On campus, she writes a weekly fashion column for the school paper, The Maine Campus, and is president of Lambda Pi Eta, an honor society for Communications students. Macey is an extrovert who loves laughing, tacos, clothes, and reading, and wants to be a Kardashian when she grows up.