You Know You Love Me: Gossip Girl Weekly Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Happy finals week little Gossip Girlers, Her Campus’s Gossip Guy reporting with this week’s episode recap. The school year may be coming to a close, but that doesn’t stop the Upper East Side and its antics.

Blair Waldorf engaged?! Way to open with a bang. But let’s not ask to be invited to the wedding just yet, we don’t know which Prince popped the big question. Louie is the word on everyone’s tongue and Blair loves every minute of the attention. She has her very own Prince, so her fairytale is finally complete, right? Poor B better not plan on the being the next Kate Middleton anytime soon, things can change in an instant when you live on the Upper East Side.

Leave it to Rufus to pry his way back into the music world. Hopefully he doesn’t forget how much the industry has changed. It might not be the same as you left it. Dan is spending ample time with Charlie, there must be something in that Rhodes bloodline that keeps him coming back for more. And look who it is, everyone’s favorite spy Vanessa. She just happens to catch Charlie give Dan a quick
peck on the cheek. Take it easy on the spying V, don’t you have a life of your own?

Uh oh Blair, looks like Prince Louie already has someone waiting at the alter for him. If she only knew it was her doting friend Serena who helped uncover the truth. We all get by with a little help from our friends, or so they say. Surprisingly, Prince Louie swoops in to invite Blair to a ball where he must choose which girl he wants to marry. This sounds a little fast even for a Waldorf, but she must remember she’s playing with the royals now.

Nate’s having cold feet helping Raina uncover the truth about her mother. And I’m one to agree little readers, sometimes things are better left undiscovered. Oh Rufus. Leather is so.. I’m not even sure. Being a “cool guy” won’t help you impress anyone. Just be yourself and let it all sort itself out. Trust me, I’m an expert. Vanessa offers newcomer Charlie advice because she’s leaving and doesn’t want Dan in the hands of Serena or Blair. A last ditch effort at being the good guy for once? I like it.

Meetings with the Prince’s mom don’t go as Blair planned. How can they when you’ve got Gossip Girl tracking your every move? All she can do is swear up and down she’s changed and hope the royals take her word for it. It turns out that even from the grave, Bart Bass is causing trouble. A mysterious fire that takes out his soon-to-be ex-mistress who is also Raina Thorpes mother? Just another day in the life of a Bass tycoon. Nothing good ever comes from rooting around in the past, and this is no exception.

Dan confronts Charlie about being just friends with her. And as far as she’s concerned, that’s fine with her. But I wouldn’t take her absolute word for it Humphrey, this long lost cousin may have something up here sleeve just yet. Nate drops the news to Chuck about Blair’s little party tonight, and the sheer thought of it seems to sober him up. If you want this Princess Chuck, I think you’re going to have to fight for her. And fight Chuck does, complete with the emergency engagement ring from the safe. Best of luck to you Bass.

Serena accompanies Blair to the Prince’s ball, where an alcohol breathing Chuck shows up and causes a scene. He accuses her of marrying this French phony as a joke, and demands to know where her heart lies. Before she can answer, security whisks him away. Hopefully Blair can patch this one up and can prove she’s worth becoming royalty.

Blair confides in Serena that she’s really over Chuck, and luckily Louie overhears. In a true, dashing Prince fashion, he shows up and proposes to his new Princess. Blair shows up to tell Chuck that it’s finally over once and for all and she’s marrying Prince Louie. The beast inside Chuck overcomes him and he throws a punch at the window, scaring Blair off. To make matters worse, it seems like his faithful friend Nate is headed over to Raina Thorpe’s side. Watch out Chuck, you may have just scared off every friend you ever had.

Until next time, you know you love me.

XOXO,
Jossip Gurl

P.S. Next Week – Chuck has taken it too far this time and may have finally taken himself down for good.

Macey Hall is a senior at the University of Maine studying Journalism with a minor in Sociology. She loves fashion and traveling, and studied abroad last year in England. On campus, she writes a weekly fashion column for the school paper, The Maine Campus, and is president of Lambda Pi Eta, an honor society for Communications students. Macey is an extrovert who loves laughing, tacos, clothes, and reading, and wants to be a Kardashian when she grows up.