You Know You Love Me: Gossip Girl Weekly Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

It’s Tuesday and you know what that means my little UMainers, another Gossip Girl roundup from HerCampus’s own Gossip Guy. The flowers have wilted and all the chocolates were (regrettably) eaten and the Upper East Side is back to its normal antics.

Blair is struggling with her newfound career, school and social life now that her interns have left her. But in true Waldorf form, she delegates to her loyal minions even as she’s falling asleep on her feet. And in a surprise twist, Lonely Boy proves his worth to Blair in the form of a fashion blog even she’s proud of.

In a surprise team up, Chuck and Lily pull a fast one on Russell Thorpe in order to save Bass Industries and end up negotiating a deal with Thorpe’s business partner. I guess Bass isn’t that bad after all.

Eric is all set for his 18th birthday party, but before the cake can even be cut, Damien uses blackmail to turn the youngest Van der Woodsen into his own personal drug mule. Poor Eric, just because you’re lonely doesn’t mean you can ever trust the bad guy.

Nate does his best friend duty to try and show Raina just how special and sweet Chuck can be, but only to find himself enjoying her company a little too much. Careful Nate, I don’t think I’d ever want a Bass on my bad side.

Vanessa shocks everyone and shows up to preach her apologies to Dan and Serena, but instead she discovers Ben going after Damien himself. And by going after, I mean threatening to kill him if he doesn’t stop meddling with the Van der Woodsens. His prison ways may not have escaped him just yet.

A reoccurring theme transpires as the hour winds to a close, Blair and Dan watching old movies together. This time it’s not via telephone, but side-by-side on the couch curled up with pizza. What is it with these two?

Until next time, you know you love me.

XOXO,
Jossip Gurl

P.S. Next Week – Secret is the word of the week on the Upper East Side.

Image from The CW

Macey Hall is a senior at the University of Maine studying Journalism with a minor in Sociology. She loves fashion and traveling, and studied abroad last year in England. On campus, she writes a weekly fashion column for the school paper, The Maine Campus, and is president of Lambda Pi Eta, an honor society for Communications students. Macey is an extrovert who loves laughing, tacos, clothes, and reading, and wants to be a Kardashian when she grows up.