Would You Wear It? A Mix of Patterns

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Designers have been trying to catch their audience’s eye for several seasons by mixing up different patterns in their collections. However, the real question is; would you wear it?

Celebrities are always willing to try new things, but it seems like popular fashion stores such as Zara and H&M are also beginning to mix up patterns in their collections, therefore we are inevitably falling into the mix of prints. Flowers and stripes, polka dots and squares, geometric patterns and animal prints… It seems like anything goes, but bringing these combinations together is no easy task.

Designer Whitney Port is an expert, who is always risking new patterns and almost always succeeding. Models and television actresses like Olivia Palermo, Paz Vega and Alexa Chung also mix it up without any fear. The hardest part when combining prints is that there are no exact rules. The secret is to keep trying until the result isn’t too discordant. It took me some time to get use to this new trend but I am always willing to try out new looks. Add some risk into your life and give it a try!

picture credit: google images