What I’m most excited about for Red (Taylor’s Version)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Being an avid Taylor Swift fan for over a decade, naturally I was ecstatic when she announced she was releasing the re-recording of her Red album, and even more excited when she decided to release it a week earlier than scheduled, on November 12th. Red has been one of my all-time favorite albums since it was originally released in 2012 – here are the songs I am most excited for on the re-recording. 

The Lucky One

“The Lucky One” is easily in my top five Taylor songs ever. The song tells the story of a woman who dreamed of becoming famous, but once she achieved her dreams, she was exposed to the toxicity in Hollywood and eventually moved away to a life of solitude. It has been my favorite song off of Red since I first heard it, and I cannot wait to hear Taylor sing it again.

Better Man

“Better Man” is a song Taylor originally wrote for Red, but she keept it off the album and gave itto the country band known as Little Big Town. The song was a huge hit and went on to win Song of the Year at the 2017 CMA Awards. It also won a Grammy for “Best Country Duo/Group Performance” at the 60th Grammy Awards. Taylor has performed the song live a few times before, and although I love Little Big Town’s rendition of it, I am dying to be able to listen to Taylor sing it anytime I want now.

All Too Well (10 Minute Version)

Any Taylor Swift fan knows that “All Too Well” is one of the most significant fan-favorite songs. When writing the song, it was originally 10 minutes long, but was cut down when put on the album. Fans have been desperate to hear the full version for almost a decade, so naturally people (including myself) flipped out when Taylor posted the track list and the 10 Minute Version of “All Too Well” was there. I definitely need to prepare emotionally before listening to it, but I could not be more excited. 

Make sure to go stream Red (Taylor’s Version) on November 12th!

Bridie Walsh

U Maine '25

I am 1st year communication sciences and disorders major from Massachusetts! Outside of school you can catch me hanging with friends, listening to Taylor Swift, or reading.