Weekly Workout: Tone Your Trouble Zones!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

5 Moves to Tone Your Trouble Zones
Tackle those problem areas and get ready for your bikini!

ARM FLAB:

1. Push through your hands to extend your elbows and lift your body off the floor, maintaining a straight spine the entire time.
  2. Bend your elbows and lower down until your arms (but not your back) touch the floor again. That’s one rep. Do 3 sets of 15 reps total.

INNER-THIGH BULGE

1. Push off the ground with your left foot, standing back up, as you cross your left leg over your right foot (think of stepping your left foot to the left corner of an imaginary box on the ground in front of you) and immediately bend your knees and reach both hands to the floor on either side of your left foot.
  2. That’s one rep! Do 15 reps on the right, then 15 reps on the left, repeating for a total of 3 sets on each leg.

LOVE HANDLES

1. Slowly open your right arm, rotating it up to the ceiling, turning your chest to the right, and looking up to your right hand.
  2. Slowly, try to lower your right arm and return to the ‘T’ shape without lowering your left leg. That’s one rep. Do 15 reps on the right, then 15 reps on the left, repeating for a total of 3 sets on each leg.

MUFFIN TOP

1. Start in a plank position with your feet together.
  2. Bend both knees and shift your weight into your arms as you jump both feet in to your hands, lifting your hips up to the ceiling.
  3. Land in a tucked position on the balls of your feet, knees bent and between your arms, and then quickly jump back out to your full plank position, keeping your abs tight and not letting your hips sag. That’s one rep. Do 3 sets of 10 reps as quickly as you can with good form.

SADDLEBAGS

1. Start standing with your feet wider than hip-width apart, toes slightly turned out, both arms bent, hands in fists by your chin.
  2. Stand up out of your squat, and as you straighten your legs, slide your right foot in so that it is under your hip, with your heel facing to the left.
  3. Bend and lift your left knee up towards your chest, and flex your left foot, aiming it to the left side.
  4. Next, push out through your left heel and extend your left leg out to the side.
  5. Bend your left knee, drawing it back in front of your body and then quickly step down with your left foot and slide your right foot back out wide, returning to your beginning horse stance. That’s one rep. Do 15 reps on the left, then 15 reps on the right, repeating for a total of 3 sets on each leg.

Workout compliments of Shape.com!