UMaine Welcomes TOMS at Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

After a relaxing fall break, Her Campus UMaine will welcome all collegiettes back by throwing our first ever Epic Fashion at The Foster Center for Innovation on campus.  This event will showcase a variety of fashion, art and music from UMaine students, alumni and our favorite local designers. 

In addition to these local designers, we will also be supporting one of our favorite new clubs to join the University of Maine; TOMS Shoes.  TOMS Campus Clubs gives consumer conscious collegiettes the opportunity to get involved and share the TOMS story. 

At our first Epic Fashion Show, we will be welcoming TOMS to UMaine by showing a documentary produced by the company’s creator, Blake Mycoskie.   The TOMS Shoes Story film follows the TOMS crew on their journey to Argentina for the first shoe drop.  The documentary gives viewers a peak into the harsh living conditions of the Argentinean people and shows how big of an impact something as simple as a pair of shoes can have on an entire community. 

Beginning this Wednesday, October 5, tickets will go on sale for the 1st Epic Fashion Show at The Foster Center for Innovation for only $5. Tickets are limited so be sure to get there quick before they run out.  Tickets include tons of delicious food from UNOs Chicago Grill and an amazing swag bag for each guest.

The show begins at 6:00pm, so make sure you get to there on time to catch the documentary and check out our information table to see how you can get involved!

photo credit: google images