This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Patrick Pascal, Khari Altmateen, and Jamal Clay are noteworthy University of Maine Football players. They are not only phenomenal on the field, but off the field they standout with their stylish fashion choices.

Patrick Pascal is currently a junior red shirting for UMaine playing Defensive Back as #25.

Pascal is pictured in the photo below in bottom row on the left wearing a classy New England casual look for Fall. He is wearing white corduroy True Religion Pants, a chic black Burberry polo and a jewel toned fuchsia cable knit sweater, paired with dark brown leather Sperry boat shoes.

He describes his fashion choices as classy, stylish and preppy. “I have always been into fashion since around Middle School,” Pascal said.  He even won best dressed in high school, as well as best athlete.

His celebrity style icon is Dwyane Wade who is pictured below in the top row and to the left on the bottom row. Wade is a Guard for the Miami Heat. His interview was featured in GQ Magazine in the November 2011 issue highlighting his favorite fall fashion suit looks for that season. 

Pascal enjoys traveling to NYC from Long Island to shop. His favorite spot in the city to shop is SoHo. Some of his favorite stores include True Religion, Bloomingdales, Urban Outfitters, and Express. He loves shoes and for fall he likes boots and boat shoes, but he is especially fond of sneakers. Nike is his favorite sneaker brand but he also likes to wear Jordan’s.

Khari Altmateen, is currently a red shirt junior Defensive Back for UMaine wearing the number 24.

Altmateen is pictured in the photo below to the far right wearing a semi-dressy autumn look that highlights his sporty style.

His is wearing a Ralph Lauren small checkered navy and white button down with the sleeves rolled up, accessorized with a navy Ralph Lauren hat and matching tie. He paired that with light khaki pants that are cuffed to the top of his grey suede lace up angle boots.

He is a trendsetter saying, I started a trend with the players to dress up wearing a shirt and tie for every home and away game. The guys are catching on.”

He describes his style interests as eclectic, preppy and trendy.  A few of his favorite clothing stores are Forever 21, H&M, Gap, Urban Outfitters and Ralph Lauren. This Favorite color for the season is army green.

Altmateen’s celebrity style icon is Russell Westbrook who is pictured below to the left.  Russell Westbrook is a point guard for the Oklahoma City Thunder, who is known for his flashy fashion choices.

He is one of University of Maine Athletes volunteering to be auctioned for a student date to help “Strong Mind-Strong Body Inc.,” which supports under privileged children and at-risk youth in Maine by focusing on the 5 aspects of wellness. The auction will be at the Her Campus Fashion Show on October 30.

Jamal Clay is currently a Senior Defensive Back graduating UMaine in the spring. It is his last year for the team as #15.

Clay’s Celebrity Style Icon is Popular Hip Hop Rapper Wale, How is pictured below. Wale is a former running back and wide receiver for Robert Morris College and Virginia State University. He is also a trendsetter in the Hip Hop fashion world, known for wearing the latest designer tee shirts and accessories.

Some of Clay’s favorite clothing stores to shop at include Woodbridge Mall in New Jeresey, Cotton On, H&M, and Urban Outfitters also loves sneakers especially Nike and Jordan’s. His fashion choices are usually unique and sporty. His favorite color is navy blue.

Clay is passionate about his goal of playing professional football after graduation.

Clay is a well-rounded athlete and is volunteering along with Khari Altmateen to be auctioned for a date for a great cause on October 30th after the 3rd Annual “Epic Her-Campus Fashion Show” at University of Maine.

“We are all diverse when it comes to our fashion choices on the team.” – Khari Altmateen

These three stylish athletes join the rest of their team take on Stony Brook at home on Saturday, November 2 at 12:30!

Julia Adrianna Sivakoff Mass Communications Major Graphic Design Minor
Taylor is a fourth-year journalism student at the University of Maine and one of Her Campus UMaine's campus correspondants. Taylor was born right outside of Philadephia, Pennsylvania, but spent summers teaching sailing on Vinalhaven, Maine. Taylor also produces video for The Maine Campus, and loves making videos.