Must Haves For Your Gym Bag: Spring Fitness Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Some girls feel super comfortable wearing their high-wasted mini skirts, stiletto heaels and chic tops, but then there are other girls who really just feel great rocking their spandex and running sneakers. Don’t get me wrong, I love to dress nicely and feel well put together, but I feel the most at ease in my spandex and racer backs.

Now, there are two different types of sporty looks (nothing wrong with either) and to each their own.  One, we have the college athlete to typically wears their gray UMaine (insert athletic team name here) sweatpants and sweatshirt, hair held back with pre-wrap; and two, the trendy yogi.  Again, both completely acceptable! Whether you’re one or the other, I’m here to tell you what my favorite things are in my gym bag, to wear running, to spin class or just to look sporty.

LuLuLemon ‘Everywear Gym Bag’

This gym bag is to die for!  With a huge main compartment it can fit your sneakers, water bottle, towel, shower goodies and anything else you can imagine perfectly inside!  It also comes with an extra ‘dirt clothes’ bag that cinches and has a compartment for your keys, iPod, phone and laptop!  Oh and did I mention the inside is a fun blast of colors!

Nalgene Bottle

A water bottle is a water bottle right?  Not so fast.  While many people believe in the tin (Sig) water bottle movement, how gross do those things taste?  Not to mention, they are not BPA free, and you know what governor Lepage says about BPA!  Nalgene bottles are big enough that you don’t run out of water half way through your work out and they are BPA free.  MONEY SAVING TIP: Also, it saves you from buying bottled water.  Buy a Brita filter to store in your refrigerator and refill your Nalgene instead of carting around bottled water.

Favorite Cropped Spandex:

LuLuLemon ‘Run: Inspire Crop’

These spandex are more comfortable than your own skin. Made out of Lululemon’s own designed fabric, luxtremeTM, they have 4-way-stretch power with ‘no bounce’ muscle support and quick drying, wicking capabilities.  There is a zipper pocket on the back to store your room key when out for a job and a continuous draw string (so you will never loose it)!  My absolute favorite.

Favorite Running Short:

Under Armour ‘Escape 3” Short’

These shorts are my all time favorite, they don’t poof in any of the wrong places and they don’t chafe or ride up.  The built in underwear stays in place and allows for a wedgie free work out!  The even more fun part is all the different colors they come in.

Favorite Tank Top:

Lululemon ‘Cool Racerback’

Just like the crops, this tank top is made out of the most comfortable fabric!  Luon®, one of Lululemons homemade fabrics, is lightweight with breathable, 4-way stretch, coverage.  This tank top is simple, comfortable and comes in the most beautiful colors.

Favorite T-Shirt for a Cause:

Under Armour ‘Japan Relief T-shirt’

Okay okay, I know this is the guys version!  But, I like it better than the women’s and if you order a small it will be just the right amount of looseness for a comfortable work out tee. What a better way to stay cool on a hot day work out than with a breezy Under Armour shirt, and for a great cause! Support Japan!

So, whatever kind of girl you are, I promise that you wouldn’t regret any of the above choices and may even find yourself excited to throw on your work out clothes!  Happy Spring shopping!

Images from Lululemon, Under Armour, and Nalgene.

Macey Hall is a senior at the University of Maine studying Journalism with a minor in Sociology. She loves fashion and traveling, and studied abroad last year in England. On campus, she writes a weekly fashion column for the school paper, The Maine Campus, and is president of Lambda Pi Eta, an honor society for Communications students. Macey is an extrovert who loves laughing, tacos, clothes, and reading, and wants to be a Kardashian when she grows up.