Missing Spring Break Already?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

How cliché are the wild and crazy MTV spring break vacations? We’re so over that. Not into getting kidnapped into human trafficking, sorry.  I know our Spring Break just ended but it’s never too early to start planning our next one (for those who are lucky enough to have more golden years of college in our future). So here are three over the top, ultimate Spring Break’s that you have to check off your bucket list. So get out your Ray-Bans, pack your SPF 4 tanning oil and don’t forget your passport you, jetsetter you!

YACHT WEEK:
“The boys are good. The girls too.” ( http://www.theyachtweek.com/media/video )

Watch this video and you are sure to ask yourself what you’re doing sitting in your Orchard Trails apartment, driving to Thriftway to get all the necessities of life or waiting in the god forsaken traffic line just trying to get out of Orono.

The ultimate spring vacation, more like the most fun you’ll ever have in your life…Yacht Week.
 The concept is you round up a bunch of your friends (make sure you have at least a 60% ratio of smokeshows), choose a location (it’s going to be tough between the B.V.I.’s, Turkey, Greece or Croatia) and then pick what yacht size you’d like to charter for the week (outrageously lavish or just plain regular…you’re on yacht, who cares!?) Tough life.

Photo Credit: www.yachtweek.com

PHUKET BEACH, THAILAND:
The Orient has always held an air of mystere to the rest of the Western world and Thailand is certainly no exception. Sure it’s a quick little jaunt across a few oceans (20 hours,  over 9,000 miles) but come on, you’re in college…you only live once.

Phuket Island off the coast of Thailand is a lesser known, yet no less beautiful and serene getaway that many don’t take advantage of. With an abundance of pure, white beaches and clear water Phuket holds some of the world’s most stunning views.

Party during the day on Patong Beach, the island’s most famous beach resort, and go out at night where you can find a plethora of bustling nightlife.

Photo Credit: www.Phuket.com

BARBADOS, CARIBBEAN:
Go anywhere in the Caribbean and you’re sure to have a ridiculously good time, I mean it’s not that hard to beat going to Curva on a Saturday night or racking up the damages bill at your OT apartment is it?

Barbados is a coral island that’s renowned for its reefs and white sand. Even if you’ve never picked up a snorkel or taken a scuba lesson here’s your chance and an opportunity to cross of something on your bucket list!

Take time to just sit around and do nothing except get a sunkissed, golden glow and sling back fruity drinks all day or go out and explore the island that offers an array of adventures to explore. During the night don’t take this small island for granted though as it features live music almost everywhere you go. Listen to calypso and reggae as you tune your inner Caribbean goddess. And if you’re scared of missing your go-to international house music, don’t fret…Barbados has that covered too.

Photo Credit: http://www.lagprisflyg.nu/2010/10/barbados-erbjuder-gomda-strander/

Title Photo Credit: http://wallpapers.free-review.net/42__Coastal_Holiday,_Sand_Beach.htm

Shaina Dennis is a senior at the University of Maine majoring in mass communications and double minoring in public relations and business administration. She was born in heels, preferably 5” stilettos, and is a lover of traveling, shopping, cooking, laughing and meeting new people. She is an active sister in the Delta Nu chapter of Alpha Phi and when not obsessing over anything sparkly, Shaina can be found making sushi and taking photos. But don’t let the glitter and pink fool you, this girly-girl drives a stick and can fish for lobster like no other. Although she grew up in a small, rural town, Shaina is a city girl at heart and loves a fast-paced lifestyle of always being on the go!