Item of the Week: Ruthie Davis Shoes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

ITEM OF THE WEEK: RUTHIE DAVIS STILETTOS

Move over Louboutin’s (okay, okay just kidding…don’t hate me Christian!) because Ruthie Davis has jumped onto the scene, kids. Step back and watch out.

These killer stilettos are out to do that, kill all competition, with their strappy, sky high designs. Ruthie Davis, a graduate of Bowdoin College, here in our very own Maine, and entrepreneurial Babson College for her MBA, came onto the scene in 2006 with the launch of her Italian leather resort line.  With bright, eye catching hues her creations can now be seen on many celebrities including Kim Kardashian, Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce and Whitney Port, just to name a few. These marvelous creations can also be seen walking the runway at some of fashion’s most envious shows such as Alice & Olivia and Dennis Basso.

These pieces of art can be bought at a variety of online stores such as endless.com and shopbop.com as well as internationally at a variety of boutiques in the states and outside of our borders. So maybe the “Spikette” or “Odyssey” aren’t exactly practical for trekking through campus from our daily runs from DPC to Fogler but come on, who could resist such beautiful shoes?

We all have our weaknesses and for many women, shoes are just that. Ruthie Davis shoes are brilliant. Their perfect arch of the foot makes anyone instantly look a foot taller and adds an extra emphasis that screams sex. Glitter, spikes and neon are all common trends in Ruthie’s designs, my fav! Her most recent Spring/Summer 2011 Collection has me dreaming of landing that dream job out of college so that I can reward myself heavily with a pair of Ruthie Davis heels.

So until that happens or least until I get my first big girl, real world salary check…I guess I’ll have to make do with just following @Ruthie_Davis on Twitter and keeping my fingers crossed that  perhaps she wants to make a dream come true for a poor, (almost) post-grad college students! Apologies for the overload on images, I just can’t help myself! It’s like an over addiction to a drug, I need them bad! They’re all so good, you want them all.

We all have our vices…and my newest one just happens to be Ruthie Davis shoes. Who can blame me?

Photo Credit: www.RuthieDavis.com

Shaina Dennis is a senior at the University of Maine majoring in mass communications and double minoring in public relations and business administration. She was born in heels, preferably 5” stilettos, and is a lover of traveling, shopping, cooking, laughing and meeting new people. She is an active sister in the Delta Nu chapter of Alpha Phi and when not obsessing over anything sparkly, Shaina can be found making sushi and taking photos. But don’t let the glitter and pink fool you, this girly-girl drives a stick and can fish for lobster like no other. Although she grew up in a small, rural town, Shaina is a city girl at heart and loves a fast-paced lifestyle of always being on the go!