Item of the Week: Nude Heels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Our newest Item of the Week is the perfect summer footwear: nude heels. Nude heels are spring and summer’s “It” shoe, because they match a variety of outfits, and are so versatile.  

Nude heels are summer’s answer to the basic black pump; they will always match your outfit, and complement any outfit. The best part about the shoe is that they lengthen and elongate your legs. When wearing a pair similar to your skin tone, a nude pump continues the line of your legs, which makes them look much longer than they would in say, ankle strap shoes.

Picking a good color is crucial. Try and find one that matches your skin tone, and doesn’t look cheap.
Don’t buy the first pair you see, shop around for the best shade for you.

Nude heels are also good day time heels, because they feel less severe than super strappy stilettos, or chunky heels. They are fresh and fun, and can be dressed down with skinny jeans and a white tee, or dressed up with a silk dress.

Shaina was recently torn between the pump and peep-toe, but I advised her to go with a pump, because they are more versatile. There will be some situations that a peep-toe is inappropriate, but a
pump will always be appropriate suitable.

If the $595 Louboutin nude pumps aren’t exactly in your budget, there are many other more feasible options. Aldo has the “Capecoral” pump for $80, and Steve Madden sells one for $70. I prefer them in patent leather, because it feels more summery!

Images from Steve Madden, ALDO, and Christian Louboutin

Macey Hall is a senior at the University of Maine studying Journalism with a minor in Sociology. She loves fashion and traveling, and studied abroad last year in England. On campus, she writes a weekly fashion column for the school paper, The Maine Campus, and is president of Lambda Pi Eta, an honor society for Communications students. Macey is an extrovert who loves laughing, tacos, clothes, and reading, and wants to be a Kardashian when she grows up.