Fraternity Friday: Kipp Erickson (Tau Kappa Epsilon)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Happy Fraternity Friday! This week I had the pleasure of interviewing Kipp Erickson of Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE). 

Kipp Erickson is a Senior Finance major from Newburyport, Massachusetts. He joined TKE in the Spring of 2018 and has held 4 executive board positions since then. Kipp has served as Secretary, Vice President, President and is currently the New Member Educator. In this role, Kipp creates lesson plans for each week to educate new members about the history of the fraternity. He acts as a mentor and guides members through the process of officially becoming a brother. 

When deciding to join Tau Kappa Epsilon, Kipp often found himself hanging out at the house with his friends and soon-to-be brothers. He noted that after only the second time going to the house, he instantly connected with the people around him and wanted to become a part of the community they had created. Kipp wanted to not only help the fraternity grow as a whole but also wanted to help members grow as individuals. After officially joining TKE, Kipp has found a group of people he now considers some of his best friends. His fraternity has also allowed him to take on and excel in leadership roles, as well as help him grow more as a person. 

Tau Kappa Epsilon has contributed to various charitable organizations, with their main one being St. Jude’s Hospital which helps treat and research childhood cancers. Most recently, TKE did a charity live stream where they played live music to help aid Daisy’s Children, a non-profit organization that helps children in Honduras with access to medical, nutritional, and educational needs. 

In his free time, you can often find Kipp hanging out with friends, working out at the gym, making music, or beating his fraternity brother Aiden Coleman at NBA 2K. He currently works at Brookline Bank at home in Massachusetts as a bank teller. After he graduates in the Spring, Kipp hopes to move to Boston and strives to be a credit analyst. 

When asked to reflect on his time at the University of Maine and in Tau Kappa Epsilon, Kipp said that it went by way too fast. He said that he is happy with what he was able to accomplish in his time in TKE and the lessons he learned from the various positions he held. Kipp is excited to take all of the things he has learned in these past 4 years and apply them to the next chapter of his life. He is happy to say that he can look back fondly on the memories he made in his time at UMaine and knows that they will last a lifetime. 

Thank you Kipp for your contributions to Greek life on campus and good luck in your last semester at UMaine!

Senior Communication and Media Studies double major with a minor in Professional Writing at the University of Maine. I’m also the President of Women's Club Volleyball, Vice President of the my school's chapter of the National Communication Honor Society Lambda Pi Eta, and Sergeant at Arms for Umaine Student Government.