This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

The first week back to school is when a lot of people really step up their fashion game, especially on the first day. This is a new year and a new you, so why not start off looking your best? Marshelle Stern, as you might remember from a previous Fashion Friday post, is still keeping it classy and neutral. She decided to start off her junior year in a J.Crew dress and chunky sandals, both of which were thrifted! She went simple with delicate gold accents, like her Nordstrom bar necklace and antique bangles. Marshelle, a third-year student majoring in journalism and minoring in film, described her look as “light and comfortable.” Definitely a necessity for the warm weather we’ve been having.

Maggie Maloy, a second-year student majoring in business management and minoring in marketing, started off this semester in a breezy flounce­top dress. The bright purple and blue is a fun summer combination. Her striped Betsey Johnson bag is bold, but in neutral colors so it won’t not clash with her outfit. Like Marshelle, Maggie embellishes her outfit with gold, wearing her bar necklace and Just Fab sandals. She describes her look as, “cute, simple and  comfortable.” The perfect outfit for the first day of classes.

Terry Shortt is a fourth year Journalism major minoring in WGS Studies and Creative Writing at the University of Maine. In her free time she enjoys writing, reading, playing dress up, crafting, and eating. She fancies herself to be a sex positive, feminist, Martha Stewart. She enjoys the simple pleasures in life, like warm summer nights and perfect cat-eyes.
Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.