Campus Correspondent: Kate Berry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

As the semester comes to a close and the seniors’ senioritis starts to hit, it’s time to recognize and acknowledge individuals on campus that are close to home. Ever wonder who’s responsible for those funny Instagrams, tweets and posts from the UMaine Her Campus accounts? Kate Berry is one of our Campus Correspondents at our UMaine chapter, and she also happens to be leaving us this spring as she graduates UMaine. Since obviously we’re sad about this, we chose to dedicate our next few Campus Profiles to our Campus Correspondents, the girls behind UMaine Her Campus!

Basic Facts

Name: Kate Berry

Hometown: Orono, ME

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Sign: Libra

Twitter: @kateberry2012

Instagram: k8berry_

Campus Life

Major: Journalism

Why UMaine: Close to home & cheap(er)

How did you become involved with Her Campus? I started off as a writer my sophomore year. I attended Her Conference and decided to become a CC for my junior and senior years.

How else are you involved on campus? I wrote for The Maine Campus, am a member of Lambda Pi Eta and Phi Beta Kappa honor societies, and I worked in the Cubby in the Union during my senior year.

Bests

Best friends: Laura Triandafillou.

Best place to meet people at UMaine: Myrtle

Best professor: Josh Roiland or Jennifer Moore

Best class: ART 182 Photography and Digital Imaging

Best thing to do on the weekends here: Brew on Thursdays. 143, Grove, Myrtle on the weekends.

Favorites

Favorite song to dance to at a party: WTF- Missy Elliott

Favorite song to listen to alone while driving your car: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy album; AT.LONG.LAST.A$AP album; 40 Oz. to Freedom album; Amy Winehouse everything. I go on long drives…

Favorite place to eat in Orono: Pat’s till I die

Favorite memory at UMaine: Matt Hammond involuntarily somersaulting down Kappa Sigma’s hill, Alan Bennett involuntarily somersaulting down Myrtle’s hill, and dartying.

Favorite piece you’ve written for Her Campus: “A Timeline of Thursday Nights at The Brew” among numerous Campus Cutie articles.

Favorite thing about Her Campus: Being a part of something that empowers collegiate women to be strong and driven individuals.

Top Three’s

What are the Top 3 things on your bucket list? Own a pug, meet/have coffee with Fat Joe and/or DJ Khaled, eventually become a CEO

What are the Top 3 things about graduating? Independence, crippling debt, I get to adopt a pug

What are the Top 3 drinks to get at bars in Orono? Brown Ale at OBC, Mimosas at Fam Dog, Vodka Cran at The Brew (not exactly a top drink, but more of a most common beverage)

Her Campus

What are you going to miss most about being CC? Managing a team of like-minded individuals who strive to be driven, bold, educated young women who aren’t afraid to speak their mind.

What advantages do you feel Her Campus brought you? Leadership, networking and time management skills. Also, forcing me to have some self-confidence.

What is your advice for anyone joining Her Campus or considering joining Her Campus? Her Campus is unlike other on-campus publications. You are free to speak your mind about anything that young collegiettes are talking about. Besides the amazing perks (free goodies sent twice a semester), it really brings the school together and makes it feel more like a community.

Katelyn is a Senior at the University of Maine studying Psychology and Child Development/Family Relations. Her involvement with Her Campus began at the UMaine chapter in 2015. Currently she is President/Co-Campus Coordinator of the UMaine chapter. In addition to HerCampus, Katelyn is also Secretary of UMaine's Active Minds chapter. Katelyn's future plans include traveling, being a dog owner and figuring out how to be an adult. Fun fact: she uses excessive amounts of hairspray & loves to wear black.
Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.