yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

8 Halloween Costumes You Are Guaranteed to See This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

There are usually some pretty basic costumes you see at college every Halloween! With multiple nights of Halloween a girl is bound to resort to one of these for a night.  Here are 8 Halloween costumes you are guaranteed to see this year. 

1. The Bunny/ Cat/ Mouse

Complete with tight sleeveless top, bandage skirt and black pumps.

(fishnet tights optional)

2. Angel and Devil

Most likely will be found on the best friend freshman roommate pair, or the sorority big and little pair.

3. Victoria’s Secret Angels 

For the girly-est of girls make sure you have your most rhinestoned bra, pink satin robe and your wings.

4. Bags of wine

Franzia! Its easy, you just need a clear trash bag and some pink tissue paper.

5. Emojis

I’ve seen a few of the blonde dancer twins in my day.

6. Mermaids

Bra or bikini top- your choice.

7. Cop and prisoner

This definitely requires a little more effort but its definitely eye-catching at whatever party you’ve decided to bust if you execute it well! 

8. Risky Business

The lowest maintenance of all costumes but yet still impressive. Realistically its probably the best costume you could wear if you just need something quick/ if you’re still hungover from the night before and don’t have it in you to be the bunny again this year.

Calen is a fourth year Mass Communications major with a Marketing minor and a Psychology minor at the University of Maine. She is a sister of Alpha Phi and enjoys hiking at home in the Rocky Mountains, traveling, reading, and spending time with family and friends.
Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.