6 Types of Football Fans You’ll See on Super Bowl Sunday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

1. The die-hard fan

You know the types of fans that I’m referring to. These types of people will go to great lengths to support their team.

2. The emotionally invested fan

Many people get this type of fan confused with the die-hard fan. This type of fan takes anything and everything that happens in the game personally. If there’s a bad call on a play during the game, you know for sure that you can count on a full on rant for the next fifteen minutes from this friend.

3. The clueless fan

These poor souls know essentially nothing about football, but they’re the type of friend who sits down and watches the game with you anyways.

4. The fan who’s only there for the free beer and food

If you need something, you’ll be sure to find this friend either digging through the cooler for beer or hovering over the food table throughout the entirety of the game.

5. The fan who only tunes in for the Puppy Bowl

What’s the point of even turning on your tv if you’re not going to watch the actual game? I can’t argue with their initial decision to watch the Puppy Bowl in the first place, though.

6. The fan who doesn’t watch the game at all

These people aren’t even considered fans to begin with. Their apparent amount of disrespect for the holy game of football is actually quite offensive. It’s also truly mind-blowing how one even possesses the ability to resist watching the game in the first place. 

Lee is an International Affairs major and Professional Writing minor at the University of Maine. Aside from her involvement with Her Campus, Lee also plays on the Women's Club Lacrosse team and is a mentor in the Black Bear Mentor program.
Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.