yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

6 Trends to Rock This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Happy October! While there are many great things about October (Fall, pretty foliage, candy corn, corn mazes, Halloween… okay pretty much everything about October is great), October also happens to be Mother Nature’s most moody month in terms of temperature.  While this can make it difficult to get dressed in the morning, it also allows for a lot of variety when getting dressed in the morning! If you’re anything like me you like to keep it pretty relaxed for class, so here are a few looks to wear to class that allow you to layer, dress up or down, and stay comfortable all day!

1)   Joggers

Take advantage of the in-between-ish season while you can!  Wear the bright colored joggers.  It basically feels like wearing pajamas to class, and if it’s too cold for a t-shirt, throw on a cute jacket.

2)   Ripped Jeans

If you’re feeling like it’s a jeans day, go for the ripped jeans look while you still can.  It’s not long before it’ll be sub-zero and exposing any skin won’t be an option.

3)   Converse

I learned the hard way that it’s just about too cold for sandals at this point.  If you’re not ready to commit to the boots that will be on your feet for the next 6 months, start your transition with my personal favorite, Converse! (Or, any cute little sneaker.)

4)   Dresses

Just because the temperatures are dropping doesn’t mean your hemline has to. Dresses are the perfect way to get away with not putting on pants in the morning- pair it with the infamous green jacket that every girl and their roommate has.

5)   Scarves

Time to break out the scarves! Scarves are my favorite thing to accessorize with, and they make any outfit look good- especially the leggings we all wear everyday.

6)   The big sweatshirt

I’m not sure if this is a thing in everyone’s closet, but I’m a firm believer that it should be.  The comfy, knit sweatshirt that you can wear with jeans, leggings, sneakers or boots and it just somehow magically goes with everything.

Katelyn is a Senior at the University of Maine studying Psychology and Child Development/Family Relations. Her involvement with Her Campus began at the UMaine chapter in 2015. Currently she is President/Co-Campus Coordinator of the UMaine chapter. In addition to HerCampus, Katelyn is also Secretary of UMaine's Active Minds chapter. Katelyn's future plans include traveling, being a dog owner and figuring out how to be an adult. Fun fact: she uses excessive amounts of hairspray & loves to wear black.
Hannah began her involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer for the UMaine chapter after transferring from Seton Hall University in 2013. Currently, she is the HC UMaine Campus Correspondent and a Chapter Advisor. She is also a staff writer at the University of Maine's student newspaper, The Maine Campus. As a fourth year Journalism student with an English minor, Hannah enjoys writing everything from hard news stories to GIF-filled listicles. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus, Hannah coaches a junior varsity high school cheerleading team. In her spare time, you can find Hannah sharing hair tips on her personal blog, obsessing over Justin Bieber and re-watching episodes of Gossip Girl.