The 18 Scariest Things About UMaine That Aren’t Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

1. Parking.

Literally anywhere at anytime. That sign goes up that the lot is full, but you pull in to check anyway.

2. Taking a left out of the Park Street entrance, the gas station, or OT at anytime.  

You put your life into your hands everytime you take a chance and peel out in front of the Ave traffic.

3. Showing up to the bars too early and the Bear Brew is empty. 

Is this how its going to be all night? Are Thursdays no longer a thing and you missed the memo?

4. Getting a parking ticket.

They are so ruthless, but you only parked in the wrong spot because of the lack of parking to begin with.

5. Getting to the union too late when they are done making lunch food.

Now you have to buy snacks.

6. When you are late to class waiting for the printer and someone prints out a 40 page document.

Or when all of the printers magically go out of order at once.

7. When you forget that OHOP closes at 12 am on weekdays and you are too late to order.

8. Getting let into the hockey game only to discover that the student section is packed full.

9. When UMPD shows up to any party.

10. Doing the walk down College Ave as a freshman or sophomore only to discover that there aren’t any parties or they don’t let you in.

11. Showing up to the house party and its not a thing so you wait on the street for a ride back.

12. Parking bans when it snows.

13. When maintenance randomly walks into your dorm/apartment unannounced.

14. When your room has to be inspected.

15. When UMPD knocks on the door.

16. Class sign up slots on MaineStreet.

It’s a fight to the death.

17. When your boss schedules you to work on Maine Day.

18. Having a once a week class on Maine Day.

Chloe is a fourth-year Mass Communication major at the University of Maine. She is the Editor-in-Chief/Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UMaine. She is also contributing editor for Odyssey UMaine. Check out her blog at https://cdyer.bangordailynews.com/. She is passionate about writing, and in her free time enjoys reading, traveling and blogging.