This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

After the first three weekends, it’s pretty safe to say that we’ve all gone through the rituals of “going out” in Orono for the weekend. It’s probably also safe to say that all of the things we forgot we love to hate and hate to love are back.

1. “What’s going on tonight?”

You’re lying if you say you haven’t received this text in the past few weeks. Is it a frat night? House party?

2. WHAT TO WEAR?

Suddenly your usually neat(ish) room is a tornado of clothes and heels. Are we dressing up? Cute/casual? Is there a theme? Don’t try to tell me you didn’t stock up on crop tops over the summer. 

3. Social Media

Checking your snapchat at the pregame incessantly to see where everyone’s at, then watching your own the next morning and realizing it’s 300 seconds.

4. Sweating

Yeah, that black eyeliner looked awesome until you got to a party with 100 people and no AC.

5. Pregaming

Will you actually make it out tonight? 

6. Blisters

Those cute shoes aren’t so cute when you’re walking home with them in your hand.

7. Cabs

Who’s paying for them? When to call them? WHY IS OLD TOWN TAXI ALWAYS BUSY?

8. Sleeping with makeup on

Sure it felt awesome to just crash in your bed as soon as you got home…until you wake up with your mascara everywhere and red-eye.

9. The “Oh my god! How was your summer?” conversation you’ve had a hundred times already.

Self explanatory.

10. OHOP

The ultimate love/hate. It only seems okay to spend $50 on it because everyone’s saying they’ll pay you back and it’s 1:45 am and it tastes awesome. 

11. Drinking too much 

When you can’t feel your face and you don’t love it 

12. Crowds 

Sure, dancing would be fun… If you weren’t pressed against the wall and a bunch of sweaty freshmen you don’t know.

13. Losing everything you own

It’s not like you really need keys, jewelry, or anything else, right? 

14. The morning recaps

Sometimes you need the recap to know what you did the night before. 

15. Last but not least… The hangover

Large iced water and a dozen donuts please?

Katelyn is a Senior at the University of Maine studying Psychology and Child Development/Family Relations. Her involvement with Her Campus began at the UMaine chapter in 2015. Currently she is President/Co-Campus Coordinator of the UMaine chapter. In addition to HerCampus, Katelyn is also Secretary of UMaine's Active Minds chapter. Katelyn's future plans include traveling, being a dog owner and figuring out how to be an adult. Fun fact: she uses excessive amounts of hairspray & loves to wear black.
Hannah began her involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer for the UMaine chapter after transferring from Seton Hall University in 2013. Currently, she is the HC UMaine Campus Correspondent and a Chapter Advisor. She is also a staff writer at the University of Maine's student newspaper, The Maine Campus. As a fourth year Journalism student with an English minor, Hannah enjoys writing everything from hard news stories to GIF-filled listicles. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus, Hannah coaches a junior varsity high school cheerleading team. In her spare time, you can find Hannah sharing hair tips on her personal blog, obsessing over Justin Bieber and re-watching episodes of Gossip Girl.