15 Signs You’re SO DONE With This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

Midterms are over. It’s getting cold. It’s pretty much all downhill from here. 

1.         “Looking cute” means wearing your leggings that AREN’T see through with a sweater.

2.         You have officially run out of reasons to skip class and/or no longer feel guilty when you show up late.

3.         You’re not quite sure if you’re more nervous to check your grades or check your bank statement.

4.         When you do finally check your bank statement it’s pretty much “Dunkin Donuts, OHOP, Aroma Joes, McDonald’s, OHOP, OHOP, Bear Brew, OHOP.”

5.         You haven’t cooked an actual meal in a WHILE.

6.         You have been to the Brew or the Roost in a hoodie or sweats at least once.

7. No matter how good at multitasking you may naturally be, you’re at the point where you can barely complete one task efficiently. 

8. Towards the end of the week, the only way to explain your emotional and physical state is to compare it to a Sim with all red bars.

9.         You have driven to campus, assessed the parking situation and promptly driven back home at least once.

10.   You keep reading Buzzfeed articles about people who have dropped out of school and moved to remote islands to start new, spiritually-fulfilling lives and thinking “hey, I could do that!”

11.   You have taken a nap to deal with how much homework you have instead of just doing your homework.

12.   You have practically no clothes to wear, because you just don’t have time to make laundry a priority.

13.   You have a perfectly thought out route to walk through campus that includes cutting through buildings so that you spend as little time outdoors as possible. You wonder how you’ve ever survived an Orono winter when even fall is this brutal. 

14.   Your Snapchat story is a chronicle of the most embarrassing moments of your life, but when you watch it the next morning you’re more “eh, I’ve done worse” than “OMG this is humiliating.”

15.   You’re actually naïve enough to think that next semester will be any different. 

Hannah began her involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer for the UMaine chapter after transferring from Seton Hall University in 2013. Currently, she is the HC UMaine Campus Correspondent and a Chapter Advisor. She is also a staff writer at the University of Maine's student newspaper, The Maine Campus. As a fourth year Journalism student with an English minor, Hannah enjoys writing everything from hard news stories to GIF-filled listicles. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus, Hannah coaches a junior varsity high school cheerleading team. In her spare time, you can find Hannah sharing hair tips on her personal blog, obsessing over Justin Bieber and re-watching episodes of Gossip Girl.