Take Back The Night 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

As University of Iowa students, we are so lucky to have a campus with so many amazing events and opportunities! Events at Iowa can be fun, they can be exciting, they can be energetic; but sometimes, the best events to attend are the ones that are meaningful. A fellow Her Campus writer and I had the amazing opportunity to attend Take Back The Night on April 28th! Take Back The Night is an annual rally and march to raise awareness and support survivors of sexual assault. The evening started with a rally through downtown Iowa City and the University of Iowa campus, followed by a speech and a time for trauma survivors in the crown to share their stories. That night hundreds of students and community members denounced acts of violence.

I’m so proud to be a part of a University that has organizations the Women’s Resource & Action Center (WRAC), the Rape Victim’s Advocacy Program (RVAP), the Gender/Women/Sexuality Studies (GWSS) department and the Domestic Violence Intervention Program (DVIP) that are willing to put on such a supportive event.

Isabella is a student at the University of Iowa majoring in both Psychology and Gender, Women, & Sexuality Studies with a minor in Human Relations. She is a self proclaimed cheesecake enthusiast, flower child, and feminist. Isabella is low key obsessed with Cosmo and one of her life's ambitions is to have an article published by their online magazine. If she were a Sex & The City character she would be Miranda, because not everyone can be Carrie.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.