Rent the Runway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Let’s face it; as a college student, most of us are broke, which makes it extremely difficult to stock our closets in sync with our busy social lives. That’s why Rent the Runway should be your best kept secret. Whether you need a dress for an upcoming wedding, formal, or girl’s night out, make RTR your go-to shop-stop!

So what is Rent the Runway? RTR offers seasonal fashion from over 95 designers, such as Badgley Mischka, Lilly Pulitzer, Versace, Kate Spade, and Hervé Léger. What’s that? You have an upcoming formal and you can’t afford to drop hundreds of dollars on designer duds? No sweat! Rent the Runway will send you one for $45!

The idea of renting a dress without first trying it can be intimidating to some, which is why they offer your rental in a second size. Most of the dresses also have several reviews from previous renters, giving a better idea of how it’ll fit. Many women also include a picture of themselves in the dress, because let’s be real, pictures on websites can be misleading with colors and textures.

No outfit is complete without a statement necklace and a cute clutch to pair it with. They also offer jewelry and clutches to rent! How great is that?

Some rentals can still be a bit pricey. My suggestion? Sign up to receive emails from RTR. They always have great discounts! Also RTR has chapters at colleges all over the U.S. including one right here in Iowa City! Check out their Facebook page at Rent the Runway at the University of Iowa, for additional promos and upcoming events.

*photos from RentTheRunway.com