Playing On Pinterest: Honey Sugar Skin Scrub

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Summer is just around the corner and so is bikini season! Besides being in great shape for that super cute swim suit you just bought, it’s equally as important make sure your skin is in tip top shape. Not only should you be chugging water and eating right to make sure your skin stays clear, but you should also give your skin a good scrub once a week. This will insure your skin stays smooth and glowing! But who really wants to buy some fancy scrub, when you can just swing by the grocery store and make your own awesome beauty scrub for super cheap!

Here is the link to the original “Pin”: Honey Sugar Skin Scrub

All you need is:

• 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • ¼ cup of virgin olive oil
  • 1 lemon-just a squeeze or two
  • A small container with a lid

What you need to do:

Grab the container you want to put your new favorite scrub in.

Mix the honey and olive oil and the lemon juice. 

Then slowly mix in the sugar.

Then mix all together until it is a nice smooth consistency.

Then seal the container and place in the fridge until you want to use.

When Using the Scrub: Take small palm fulls of the scrub and use all over your body. Make sure you really scrub it in to fully exfoliate your skin. Then rinse off, pat dry, and apply your favorite lotion, like mine: Paris Amour Body Butter Lotion from Bath and Body Works. Let the lotion really sink in, and check out your new soft, luminous skin.

One Final Tip: Don’t forget to slather on the sunscreen! Protect your skin, even if you have class all day. It will pack in extra antioxidants and keep your skin looking super youthful and not leathery! So get excited for summer and get your skin just as pumped! 

Let us know what you think of the Honey Sugar Skin Scrub and if you have any other tips on safe skin in the summertime in the comments below!

Emily is a junior at the University of Iowa and is studying Journalism and Pre-Law with a minor in Health Communication. She has been a part of the Her Campus University of Iowa team since it was founded in 2010 and is a member of Ed on Campus. She has grown to love magazine writing and editing and if she somehow can't land her dream job (to be Carrie Bradshaw), she wouldn't mind settling for a job in the magazine industry. If nothing else, she hopes to attend law school somewhere in the Bay Area out West, her favorite place to be. Since the age of 15, Emily spent her summers in California, doing internships and falling in love with San Francisco. Some of her other interests include her 4-month-old longhaired wiener dog Henry, blogging, celebrity gossip, sushi, Private Practice, fro-yo, being a journalism nerd, and anything involving good conversation with good people. Although she's not exactly sure of her plans for the future, she knows journalism will somehow be the driving force in her career.