Meet our graduates!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Finals week is upon us and graduation is right around the corner! These seniors share their future plans, what they are going to miss and some advice for their peers still at Iowa.

Meet Our Graduates!

Kelli Kregel: Actuarial Science with a Business minor is traveling to Europe in June and starting a job in August.

Nic Rusher: Interdepartmental Studies and is attending Graduate school for Health Administration at the University of Iowa next fall.

Caitlin O’Connor: Business Management major and has an internship in Chicago this summer with Red Frog Events.

Brynne Schweigel: Double major in Journalism and Mass Communication and Political Science and plans on looking for a job this summer.

Shaina Chechang: Predentistry and Interdepartmental Studies (Health Coach emphasis)

What they are going to miss the most about being at Iowa…

“all the friends I’ve met here, football games, getting to sleep in and having free time during the day” – Kelli Kregel

“I will miss the football games, friends, and all the great people that I have met. I also will miss being a part of Dance Marathon.” – Caitlin O’Connor

“Everything”- Brynne Schweigel

“I’ll miss watching people run for busses with their backpacks on, football games, the feeling you get when you actually really enjoy your class, big ass pokie sticks, and the great friends I’ve made here.”- Anonymous

“I will still be here but just being with your friends and having the freedom to choose what you do and when you do it”- Nic Rusher

“Having access to free things that the school offers – rec center, health screenings, shows, fairs, certain sporting events, etc. Oh, and IOWA FOOTBALL of course!” – Shaina Chechang

Some advice for Juniors heading into their last year…

“If possible, get an internship, preferably at a place you’d like to work after graduation, because they often lead to full-time opportunities (I’m going to be working at the company I interned last summer). And even if you decide you don’t want to work there full-time, you’ll have some real-world experience to put on your resume along with your extra-curricular activities and “college” job(s).”- Kelli Kregel

“Enjoy your Senior year! It goes by very fast!!” – anonymous

“Live it up. Enjoy everything. This will be your last year in college so enjoy every aspect of it.” – Caitlin O’Connor

“Get experience to put on your resume. I’m tired of seniors b*tching about how the economy sucks and they can’t get a job. The economy does not suck, and you can get a job. Take advantage of opportunities. You never know how they really will help shape your future.” – Shaina Chechang

“Take advantage of every opportunity available without regret” – Nic Rusher

“Look for things to do after graduation early. It will creep up on you earlier than you think” – Anonymous Senior

Good luck with all your future endeavors Seniors from Her Campus University of Iowa J !

Deanna is a junior journalism and studio arts major at the University of Iowa. Born in Spring Grove, IL, Deanna has been involved in journalism ever since her high school yearbook editing days. Since coming to Iowa in 2008, Deanna has joined Dance Marathon and Ed on Campus. In 2010, Deanna joined the Her Campus team as a writer and in October became a Branch Manager. When Deanna is not writing you can find her hanging out with her friends, taking pictures, reading novels, playing intramural sports and cheering on the Hawkeyes. Deanna hopes to become a magazine reporter or editor in Chicago or New York City in the future.