MBSA’s What Not to Wear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Last week HerCampus checked out the Multicultural Business Student Assocation’s What Not to Wear event. It was hosted in the Illinois room of the IMU. With UIowa seniors landing interviews for after graduation jobs and students preparing for internships this event was to ensure that the Hawkeyes looked put together and professional. The fashion show was sponsored by Target and provided alternate way to look interview ready for an affordable price. As MBSA’s president, Beautiya Chung, called down the models she compared each clothing article and accessories to the average price in multiple department stores. The models looked fabulous and the event was a hit. The Target store manager as well as a Target Team member took part in the event as well. They supplied information about future jobs and internships within the Target Corporation, as well as contact information to get started. The Multicultural Business Student Association throws a few events every year including their Hawkeyes Going Global event. Anyone can participate in MBSA’s events and organization. They aim provide networking opportunities and also take professional trips to large companies like Red Frog Events in Chicago. Be on the lookout for more MBSA events, not only was it great, the free Molly’s Cupcakes and a chance to win a target gift card were a plus!

Photocredit: Multicultural Business Student Association

Gabby is a junior at the University of Iowa, working towards her double major in Communication Studies and Anthropology with a minor is Psychology. She is originally from LaSalle, Illinois and enjoys writing, traveling, and fashion.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.