Lose the Shorts, Grab the Skirt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Tired of trying to make outfits go with your high-waisted shorts, or sick of wearing uncomfortable jean material all night? Going out in skirts is a simple solution: they’re fun, fashionable, and super comfortable to be in! Two different kinds of skirts in particular are very trendy right now and take comfortable to a whole new level. 

Maxi skirts and skater skirts allow for a unique look that will make you stand out while looking great. They don’t require tight fitting, or sucking in all night! What could be better? You can mix and match the type of outfit you want to wear with the skirts. If you’re going to class or a family party, etc., a floral skater skirt will go great with flat shoes, and makes a cute spring or summer look.

If you’re going out to eat, or even shopping at the mall a maxi skirt looks great with a cute shirt and even a jean jacket. The models in the pictures above are going out for a fun night at a party. The far left picture is a spring/summery look with a skater skirt and bright colored jewelry to match. The far right picture is a more conservative, or professional skater skirt look with tights and long sleeves. The middle picture is an example of how many different patterned maxi skirts there are. You can wear them with a crop top, or tuck in a longer top. The combinations are endless when it comes to these types of skirts. Look cute and be comfortable this spring and summer season…it’s a double win!

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.