Justin Bieber: Out of Control or Just Having Fun?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Lately America’s biggest heartthrob, Justin Bieber, has been giving everyone A LOT to talk about! Between his break up with Selena and his experimenting with marijuana, Justin is more famous than ever. So, is Justin well on the path to becoming like many other young train-wreck stars? Or is he just growing up and discovering himself?

For the past few months there were a vast amount of rumors spreading of a potential “Jelena” breakup. Back in December Justin was seen getting cozy with a few Victoria’s Secrets Angels at the VS fashion show, and rumors spread like wildfire that Justin and Selena were over. The young Hollywood couple were on-again and off-again for a couple months. In early January it was officially confirmed that the two split. It has also been rumored that Selena may be taking after her close friend Taylor Swift, and confiding in her music about the breakup. 

Also in early January photos were released of Justin smoking pot inside a Newport Beach hotel room. Perhaps Justin needed to take the edge off from his stressful and highly publicized breakup? Whatever the reason, Justin decided to poke fun at the incident last week on Saturday Night Live. Justin was the host and musical guest for SNL and performed a skit called “Miley’s Corner”. Justin played the role of Miley Cyrus’s biggest fan addressing the issue of both celeb teen pot smokers.

Justin is on top of the world right now with his career and nothing is going to bring him down. Even illegal drug use allegations are not going to turn die-hard beliebers against him. Justin is growing up just like every other 18-year-old, and he will likely make some mistakes along the way.

** Photos from instagram users

Alexandra is a junior at the University of Iowa. She is majoring in Journalism and is an aspiring entertainment journalist. She is originally from the Chicago suburbs, but hopes to one day live in L.A to fulfill her dreams of becoming an entertainment journalist.