Inspirational Quotes From THE Oprah Winfrey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Okay, let’s be honest . . . I absolutely, positively, 1,000,000% love Oprah Winfrey. She is my role model, the very person that I aspire to be. There are no words to properly capture just how much I look up to this kind, warm, beautiful, intelligent, and amazing woman. But that’s okay because she’s the one with all of the words.

Since she is the very queen of inspiration, I chose to share with you just a sample of some of the wisest things Oprah has ever blessed us with.

“One of the hardest things in life to learn is which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn.”

“I don’t believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.”

“Excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism.”

“Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.”

“Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.”

“The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.”

“Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”

“Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire.”

“You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.”

“With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas; thought by thought, choice by choice.”

“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.”

“Self-esteem comes from being able to define the world in your own terms and refusing to abide by the judgments of others.”

“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.”

“Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.”

“You can have it all. Just not all at once.”

“I believe that everyone is the keeper of a dream—and by tuning into one another’s secret hopes, we can become better friends, better partners, better parents, and better lovers.”

“I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become.”

“Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.”

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.”

“Every day brings a chance for you to draw a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.”

“The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be.”

Photos: Cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Happy reading!
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.