One can get instantly bored of their clothes while looking in their closet. Trips to the mall become frequent and the bank account starts to dwindle. Thrift store shopping is a good alternative to these boredom woes. You can find designer brands for half the price and more pride in your closet because of the hunt to find the garments. I will provide tips for all the shoppers that panic as they walk into a used clothing store with a million racks.
- Know what you are looking for—Walking into the store it can sometimes be overwhelming with the racks of clothing everywhere. Know what you are looking for before you go so you can reduce time and you will be able to focus more on that one thing.
- Try things on—The clothes at a thrift store are used: always try the clothes on. You never know how they are going to fit or how great of shape they are in. The garments might look different on the hanger than on, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Go Often—The stores restock their store every week with new items. Go every Sunday in order to grab the nicest, new items!
- Keep an Open Mind—When going, keep an open mind when looking. You could use an item for a different use than it’s original intent. For example: a cute wastebasket can turn into an umbrella holder or the old mason jars can add a cute touch to a living room by filling them up with buttons or various knick knacks.
- Know the sales—Most stores have certain sales on certain days. Make sure to know the sales beforehand so you can get more clothes for a lesser price!
Always remember to ask the employees if you are looking for something specific, they are always there to help and know the store better than you do. Also, make sure to hit more than one thrift store. If you can’t find an item at one store you might be able to find it elsewhere for a more discounted price. Happy shopping!