How To: Make Your Dorm Space Grade “A”

It is back to school time and you can tell as soon as you walk into a department store. Big stores such Target and Wal-Mart have a lot of option, but do not get discourage if you cannot find what you want there. Honestly, decorating your dorm space is no different than any other room(except you have to consider a roommate.

A Twin XL= A Twin XL
No matter where you buy it from a XL Twin bedding set is the same. Do not give up if you cannot find a bedding set in the right color or the store has ran out of your favorite pattern . Remember a lot of people frequent these stores, so think outside the box. Try looking in the mall. Dillard’s, JCPenney, and Sears offer a lot of options in their teen and children bedding.

A Centerpiece is not just for Weddings
To make your dorm space more inviting, add a personal flair. This can be done by making a centerpiece.  A centerpiece can be a simple fun bamboo plant or a clear vase filled with marbles and artificial flowers. This can go on your desk or in a kitchen space.

Be Thrifty
It is a range of trinkets from bedside caddies to collapsible microwave covers that are specifically marketed towards college kids. There are ways to save money from some of these expensive gadgets. For instance, chip clip range from $8-$10 for a pack of three. A cute alternative is to buy clothespins. You can get a pack of 100 for a buck or two. If you want to add a personal touch, paint them your favorite color.

Full time English/Studio Arts major, Full-time visionary. Native Chicagoan and a true city girl. In love with love and a frequent contributing writer for the HC-UIowa Modern Love column(however not frequent enough). Current endeavor?  Proud Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UIowa, I am progressively expanding the chapter's reach through creative, fun, and informative content with a unique publication voice. I also have published content for diffrent on-line and print media. I love everything HC, but when I am not writing, editing, or publishing I am trying out the latest health trends in fitness and food, hanging out with friends, or fueling a bad habit of on-line shopping. Future endeavor? Editor-in Chief of a magazine something like Glamour, Cosmo, or Self. Want to keep up with me? Follow me on Twitter @EllandreaM