Holiday Fashion 101

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Christmas is right around the corner, and with that comes tons of gift wrapping, hanging out with family, and holiday parties, along with the trouble of picking out the best outfit that is both cheery and festive. I have created two looks that bring pops of color as well as a little sparkle to help catch your family and friends attention as you walk in the room. All the items are under $100, and listed so one can find them online. There is only one splurge item (the vintage Chanel Earrings), that maybe if you are beyond lucky this year, you will find underneath the Christmas tree. I have provided a simple and cozy Holiday look that is perfect for cookie baking, family Christmas movie watching, or last minute gift shopping, and a ‘Mistletoe Ready’ evening look that will insure every set of eyes in the room will be on you! Have a very Happy Holidays, and may you all look fierce and festive this Christmas season!

HCLove from you Fav Fashionista,
                        Taylor

Check out the link via Polyvore.com below to see the best looks for the season!

***

HC Guide to Holiday Fashion

Emily is a junior at the University of Iowa and is studying Journalism and Pre-Law with a minor in Health Communication. She has been a part of the Her Campus University of Iowa team since it was founded in 2010 and is a member of Ed on Campus. She has grown to love magazine writing and editing and if she somehow can't land her dream job (to be Carrie Bradshaw), she wouldn't mind settling for a job in the magazine industry. If nothing else, she hopes to attend law school somewhere in the Bay Area out West, her favorite place to be. Since the age of 15, Emily spent her summers in California, doing internships and falling in love with San Francisco. Some of her other interests include her 4-month-old longhaired wiener dog Henry, blogging, celebrity gossip, sushi, Private Practice, fro-yo, being a journalism nerd, and anything involving good conversation with good people. Although she's not exactly sure of her plans for the future, she knows journalism will somehow be the driving force in her career.