High Reaching Hawkeyes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Seeing all of the University of Iowa alums pile into bars on Friday night, crowd Melrose on Saturday for the football game and line up at the food stands in the Pedmall Saturday night, one thing was made certain, the word pride and Iowa are practically synonymous. One common ranking that has become very popular on many platforms including, Jimmy Kimmel, CNN, and almost every social media site is Iowa’s claim as the #1 party school in America. However, don’t let that overshadow other University of Iowa top 25 rankings that implants such pride in Iowa students, faculty, and alums.

U.S News:

#1- Language and Speech Pathology

#2- Audiology

#2- Physician Assistant

#2- Rehabilitation Counseling

#5- Physical Therapy

#11-Nursing

#16- Best Medical School-Primary Care

#18- Clinical Psychology

#21- Henry B. Tippie College of Business

#25-Environmental/ Environmental Health Engineering

Don’t forget Iowa is also rated # 29 by US News for Top Public School. Besides being home to a well ranked University, Iowa City has its claimed its own rankings. Iowa City lands lucky number 13 for best work-life balance according to NerdWallet. Livability.com ranked Iowa City number 6 for Best College Towns. Iowa City graces UNESCO’s charts with the third best city of literature, a title the Hawkeyes are proud to claim with their outstanding writing workshops and the literary walk located on Iowa Avenue.

From an extensive curriculum to a booming social scene and a unique culture in the midst of cornfields, the University and Iowa City are doing something right and it is definitely something to be proud of.

picture credit: google

Gabby is a junior at the University of Iowa, working towards her double major in Communication Studies and Anthropology with a minor is Psychology. She is originally from LaSalle, Illinois and enjoys writing, traveling, and fashion.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.