Happy Winter Iowa City!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, besides the horrid cold weather and finals that are upon us, which we have to survive before we can enjoy the time that is winter break. The holidays are here; the caramel brulee and peppermint mocha lattes are here, so what’s not to love? The holiday joy has spread to the IMU thanks to the Campus Activities Board presents “Festival of the Trees,” where 20 decorated trees are on display sponsored by UI departments and student organizations. They had an auction for the trees on December 4, and all the proceeds go to the Crisis Center of Iowa City. 

So take a break from studying and enjoy the sights winter brings us because the snow can be beautiful (sometimes), just like the trees on parade at the IMU.

Also enjoy this rendition of “Jingle Bells” I remixed. Happy Holidays and HCXO

Dashing through the cold

On a 35 degree winter day.

O’er the IC hills we go, crying all the way.

(FINALS ARE IN TWO WEEKS)

Car horns honk on Iowa Ave.

Pedestrians getting mad

What fun it is to walk and cry

A finals song tonight.

Oh Finals week Finals Weeks.

Finals all week long.

Oh what fun it is to study

For 100 hours a week, 12-0

Finals Week Finals Week

Oh what fun it is to study

For 100 hours a week

Amy is currently a senior at the University of Iowa majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication, minor in political science with certificates in Event Planning and Entrepreneurial Management and HC UIowa's Trouble Maker. Her dream job is to work in Public Relations or Event Planning and plans to also become a lawyer, like the 9 years old Amy planned. Whenever she's not writing articles, she's usually online shopping, binging on Netflix, or laughing at her own jokes. Midwestern Prep with the worst luck in the world, you can keep track of her worst case scenarios on Twitter.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.