Glossier Review: 4 Must-Have Products From the Brand I Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

By this point, everyone has at least heard the name Glossier, and if not, well let me enlighten you. Glossier is a makeup and skincare company that strives to make the best products and make sure that they never let you forget that you are beautiful. They believe that your skin is the most beautiful part and that makeup is just a fun addition, not the fixing of the skin.

I discovered Glossier from one of my friends talking about the best mascaras out there. She said Glossier had perfected the mascara formula, and so of course, I had to give it a try. I have since fallen in love with their products and aesthetic. When visiting New York City this summer, you bet their showroom was at the top of my list to visit and I had to take a picture in their famous mirror.

Although I have yet to venture into their skincare products (stay tuned), their makeup products have stolen my heart, and I am here to tell you all about each one I have.

Stretch Concealer- $18

Okay, this little guy is a necessity. I am terrifyingly pale (it’s okay, it’s a look, so we roll with it) and those out there that are as well know that in the morning it sometimes looks like we’ve been punched. I have been asked if I’m wearing purple eyeshadow before (no, but thank you for noticing). So Glossier is an answer to our prayers. Their stretch concealer does a wonderful job of covering up those purple and blue undertones. And yes, they offer shades for us pale girls. This is so easy to put on, all you need is your finger. It then will blend in so well that it doesn’t look or feel like you are wearing any makeup. Even if you’re not covering up those pesky dark circles, you can use this concealer to cover redness and blemishes and it’ll do the trick just as well. And not only does it work wonders, it’s the most aesthetically pleasing concealer you will find. This product is a MUST in your makeup collection!

Lash Stick – $16

You will never find a mascara that even compares to Glossier’s lash stick. It is so light and easy to put on. It gives off the perfect natural, yet put together look. Your lashes will look long, defined AND natural. You won’t have to worry about it coming off because this mascara will stay on all day, yet will wash off easily at night with some makeup remover or by even washing your face. And don’t worry, I know for a fact it is tear proof (college is hard okay). And it is a light pink bottle, so what more is there to say. Another MUST!

Generation G – $18

Generation G is a sheer matte lipstick. It has six different shades that are all equally beautiful. They range from Peachy Nude to Poppy Red. My go-to is definitely Cake. My lips never feel like they are coated, nor does it wipe off easily. They are made to adapt to you, so each one looks slightly different on everyone so that it shows off your natural lip color. And yet again, they are very aesthetically pleasing. There is no doubt that this is a lipstick everyone needs.

Boy Brow – $16

And last, but certainly not least: the Boy Brow. This is their number one best seller and I am here to confirm that is not a lie. It is that good. This product is a grooming pomade for your eyebrows. It will shape, fill your eyebrows and if you want, color them a bit too. It goes on so smoothly that it doesn’t coat your eyebrows, so they will get a perfectly groomed natural look (yes, it is possible). It comes in blonde, brown, black and a clear if your hair color doesn’t match one of those. I am a very light blonde, but the blonde color still works for me. I’m telling you, they’re magicians. And to top it all off, they stay perfect all day and wash off easily. Plus, as with all of their products, very aesthetically pleasing. If you only buy one thing from Glossier I recommned buying the Boy Brow.

Glossier makes putting on makeup easy and makes you feel like you are still your beautiful self, just with a little defining. You also get one of their signature pink cases and some stickers with every purchase and those bags work for EVERYTHING. I have no complaints for their makeup and want more products and more colors. I am definitely trying some of their skincare products soon because although I am picky when it comes to my skin, Glossier has won me over. Stay tuned, because I am buying those ASAP.

Go check out these products and more on their website.

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4

Molly Leahy

U Iowa '20

Hi, my name is Molly Leahy! I am a third year student at the University of Iowa, majoring in Journalism and Mass Communications with a certificate in Entrepreneurial Management. Although I am currently living in Iowa, being from Saint Paul, Minnesota, my heart will always belong to my home state. Once a Minnesota girl, always a Minnesota girl! When my eye isn't behind the camera, I love spending time with my loved ones and all things fashion. Find me on Instagram at @mollyleahy7.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.