Gelato at Bread Garden

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Even though gelato is usually associated with summer time, it’s still a great treat even when the weather’s cooling down. Since it’s slightly richer than ice cream, you can eat less of it while still satisfying your sweet tooth. Bread Garden, located in the Ped Mall, has a variety of gelato flavors to suit any taste, including gluten free and vegan varieties. The shop sports seasonal options such as pumpkin pie and traditional favorites like coffee or hazelnut chocolate. Bread Garden also has delicious smoothies and coffee specialties right next to the gelato counter. With sleek silver tables outside the market, Bread Garden is a great place to meet a friend to catch up or to treat yourself after a hard day. 

My name is Kathleen McGowan. I am a junior at the University of Iowa double majoring in English and Journalism. My dream is to publish a collection of nonfiction essays or short stories. I enjoy writing, reading, cooking, and keeping up with TV and entertainment news. Feel free to follow me on twitter: @mcgowankj
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.