Five Things To Love Instead of a Boyfriend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Valentine’s Day has arrived yet again, and CVS and Walgreens are filled with more red and pink than you can imagine. If it just so happens that you’re Valentine-less this year, do not fret! There are numerous things in our lives that we love that don’t include a significant other. While everyone is stressing out over what to buy, where to go and what to wear, you can focus your love on one, two or all five of these things below. 

1. Friends. What better way to spend Valentine’s day than going out (or snuggling inside) with your closest girlfriends? As we learned from the gals in Sex and the City, “What if girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with?”

2. Family. Fortunately, family will always be there to love and support you. If you’re close enough to home, take a drive and spend the day with your loved ones. If not, give your mom and dad a call. We’re sure it will warm your heart right up. 

3. Food. Food is the one true love that never fails. Chipotle, chocolate, french fries, Bruegger’s, pasta, Short’s, pizza, ice cream, donuts, Jimmy John’s, (salad?), cake. Need we say more?

4. Furry Friend. Do yourself a favor and take a drive to Petland. You won’t regret it.

5.  Yourself. Believe it or not — YOU are great! Celebrate yourself today.  

Hopefully you can keep these five things in mind while everybody else is obnoxiously obsessing over their significant other next weekend. And as for boys — there’s always next year.

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.